Cognition Cyclery is dedicated to making sure that every rider has the best possible experience. Bike fit is a huge part of that mission and we’ve made it our goal to ensure that every rider that rolls out our door has had their bike adjusted to meet their needs. We include a comprehensive sizing at no charge with every bike we sell. That same sizing is also available on bicycles that were not purchased from Cognition Cyclery. It consists of setting saddle height and fore-aft position based on leg length and knee over pedal spindle, and adjusting handlebar reach to a comfortable, neutral hand position.
The body is a highly adaptable machine, but more importantly, the bicycle is a highly adjustable piece of equipment. The bike should be fit to the body and not the other way around. With this in mind, we’re proud to be a Body Geometry Fit studio. Body Geometry is the most comprehensive system for connecting bike and rider in perfect harmony. Body Geometry Fit is ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to maximize power, endurance and comfort through a systematic customization of your bike and equipment at all three contact points. It’s the best way to make your bicycle fit your body specifically.
The Body Geometry fit process consists of five main parts:
- Rider Profile Interview - Every fit, whether a novice or experienced cyclist, starts with an interview between trained fit specialist and rider to understand a your injury history, needs, and goals.
- Physical Assessment -This is the key to the Body Geometry fit process, allowing your fit specialist to develop an accurate picture of your flexibility, range of motion and other physical attributes, so they’ll be able to make the proper adjustments to help you be one with your bike.
- Side View - Assessed from the side, the goal is to determine your unique active riding position that’s both powerful and comfortable through adjustments to the seat height and fore-aft, handlebar position, stem length, and cleat placement.
- Front View - Unique to the Body Geometry fit process, this frontal view analysis will optimize their hip, knee, and foot alignment for greater performance and balanced power delivery.
- Follow Up - After a week or so, your fit specialist will call to ensure the changes were effective and to answer any other questions or concerns you may have. A follow up appointment will be scheduled to make any needed adjustments and to take final measurements.
If you'd like to schedule a fit, please click
Our online scheduling system makes it simple!
Meet our fitters
Vanessa • Certified Retül and Body Geometry Fit Technician
I have worked in the outdoor sports industry for 18 years, the last 14 of which have been in the bike shop. I was a skier, and I moved to where the snow was. I lived in Jackson Hole (Wyoming) and Vail (Colorado), and while working on the snow in the winter was great I needed something to do in the sumer. That's what paid my way through college and that's been my career ever since.
I like putting people on bikes, I think the expression on someone's face is just the greatest thing when they receive it. To me, bikes are the only depreciating asset that can give you stress relief, fitness and are just plain fun. I don't care what you ride or whether you bought it at Cognition, the more people on bikes the better it is for all cyclists everywhere.
Torr • Certified Retül and Body Geometry Fit Technician
Bike fitting is the most rewarding part of my job. I see it as a puzzle and you are the most important piece. I have been working my way up the industry for about 8 years and recently completed the highest level of fit certification.
I would love the opportunity to help you get your ride dialed. There is always room for improvement no matter who you are or what you ride. Feel free to email, call the shop or stop in to talk to us about how we can make your bike fit the best that it can be. See you in the shop!